Situation with the old Belsky bridge
History of the bridge
The old bridge over the Belaya river was built in 1956 by the «Mostopoezd» enterprise N. 414 and the Mostostroitelniy Trust N. 4 on the «GIPROKOMMUNDORTRANS» institute project and became the start of the R-240 Ufa-Orenburg federal highway.
Until 1992, the bridge traffic was moving along one lane in a two-way direction. A new bridge was built due to the increased traffic intensity in 1992. The new bridge was for entering to the city and the old one was for leaving the city.
Examination of the bridge and redistribution of traffic
Various design institutes regularly carried out routine inspections of the facility. Back in 2004, it was found that the bridge is in very worn-out condition.
Closing traffic on the bridge in 2018
The last bridge analysis carried out in 2017 by the research center "Mosty", established that after 61 years of use the bridge structure has accumulated a significant amount of injury that reduces the durability of the structure. The SIC "Mosty" proposed a set of recommendations for extending the lifespan of the bridge structure.
From January 12 to 14, the traffic was completely blocked due to a drop of temperature. This led to partial destruction. The further bridge maintenance wasn’t possible.
Project of the new bridge is ready
The design of the new bridge, which will be located between the existing ones, is completed. In collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Bashkortostan to find funds for the construction of the bridge
Use alternative routes
The management of the Ufa city asks to treat with understanding the introduced restrictions and to use for departure and entry to the city alternative ways – Zatonsky and Pugachevsky bridges.