On November 27, Ulfat Mustafin, Head of Ufa Administration, met with the citizens' initiative group to discuss the construction of a scientific eco-centre of education and habilitation in Ufa.
Within the framework of the discussion, several public members took part. Among them were:
- Alina Suleymanova, Deputy Head of Ufa Administration,
- Oleg Baidin, Head of the Main Department of Architecture and Urban Development of Ufa Administration,
- Sergey Plotnikov, Head of Oktyabrsky District,
- Vladimir Ishmayev, Vice-rector for Educational Work of Bashkortostan State Medical University,
- Fairuza Latypova, Chief Doctor of Neonatology, Senior Lecturer of Bashkortostan State Medical University,
- Gulshat Ibragimova, Chairman of «Maternal Heart» Regional Public Organization,
- Vladimir Gorbunov, Chairman of Ufa Organization for the Disabled «World»,
- As well as famous bloggers and journalists : Yevgeniya Kutsueva, Yevgeniya Konovalova, Olga Malovitsa, Polina Vishnevskaya and other citizens: Natalia Panchishina, Natalia Merr, Kamil Sapaev.
Oleg Baidin noted that the construction of a multi-profile facility is being discussed, which will include rehabilitation, as well as psychological and methodological support for parents, and the establishment of educational departments of medical and pedagogical universities. He also added that this project is not a dolphinarium. The development of the project has not yet started. Thus, if the construction starts, the project will consider private investments and grants from the federal budget.
Alina Suleymanova added that on November 15, public hearings were held at the City Palace of Culture. Citizens suggested to construct the scientific eco-centre of education and habilitation, not a dolphinarium.
In turn, the representatives of the initiative group stressed that they are not against the construction of the above mentioned eco-centre as such, but the possible use of dolphin therapy in the treatment of children and adults.
«We are for the centre. Dolphin therapy is not a medical science, the Ministry of Health did not approve it and there are no proven cases of healing children through communication with dolphins», said Yevgeniya Konovalova.
Summing up the results of the meeting Ulfat Mustafin noted that the issue of building a scientific eco-centre of education and habilitation requires further discussions.
«When making a decision, we will definitely take into account the opinions of the citizens. We need to meet with the investor and discuss the investment project,» he said.
It should be noted that the event was broadcast online on the official page in Facebook